All CSMLS certification exam questions are referenced to a competency within the associated Competency Profile. All CSMLS certification exam answers are referenced to one or more textbook(s) from the reference textbook list. You are not expected to purchase or review all textbooks on the reference textbook list. These textbooks may be used as references when preparing for a CSMLS certification examination.
Reference Textbook Loan Libraries
In 2010, CSMLS established loan libraries at accessible sites across Canada with funding from the Government of Canada’s Foreign Credential Recognition (FCR) program, as most Medical Laboratory textbooks are specialty books, not available through public libraries and are extremely costly to purchase.
The following library sites have copies of some CSMLS recommended textbooks for General Medical Laboratory Science. Please note, not all titles will be available at all locations. These textbooks are periodically updated.
- Toronto Public Library in the reference text book section
- Hamilton Public Library in the general collection
- Vancouver Public Library in general circulation
- Calgary Public Library in the circulating collection
- Winnipeg Public Library in the general collection