Workshops for Educators
Writing Effective Exam Questions
CSMLS offers a 2-day workshop to assist educators with creating application and critical thinking questions for exams. Our staff will take you through the same high-quality process that we use to create items for the CSMLS Certification exam.
After collaborating with peers and applying this knowledge during the workshop, you can then apply the process and skills learned to your own program.
Learn how to:
- Apply criteria to create quality tests and exams
- Recognize the components of a question
- Apply rules for creation of stems and alternatives
- Categorize questions by cognitive levels (recall, application, critical thinking)
- Review and edit your existing questions
If you have questions, please contact email@example.com