The PLA Technical Report Fee must be paid before we assess your file.
Medical Laboratory Technologist
Your technical report will list the experience we find through your documentation and will include one of three outcomes:
- You are equivalent to the Competency Profile and eligible to write both the MLT and MLA exams.
- You are not equivalent to the MLT Competency Profile and you must complete a Learning Plan to be eligible to write the MLT exam. Eligibility to the MLA exam will not be granted to individuals who need to meet comprehensive course requirements.
- You are not equivalent and you must complete a full‐time accredited MLT training program to be eligible to write the exam or consider other professional options.
Medical Laboratory Assistant
Once your prior learning assessment (PLA) is complete, we will mail your technical report to you.
Your technical report will show one of two results:
- You are equivalent to the Competency Profile and eligible to write the MLA exam.
- You are not equivalent and you must complete a full-time accredited MLA training program to be eligible to write the exam.
Technical reports are valid for two (2) years.