Loans for Internationally Trained Immigrants

As an Immigrant to Canada you may be eligible to get a loan to help if you are a newcomer and struggling to pay for the costs of the Canadian accreditation or training you need so you can work in your pre-immigration career. Please feel free to contact one of the programs listed in the attached document for more information and to see if you qualify.



Windmill Microlending

Do you want to continue your career in Canada?
We offer microloans to help you pay for the Canadian credentials you need.



Association communautaire d’emprunt de Montréal (ACEM)

Email:  Phone: 514-843-7296


Foreign Credential Recognition (FCR) Loan Project

Foreign Credential Recognition (FCR) Loan Project offers a competitive low-interest rate loan to residents of B.C. who are internationally trained to help them pursue FCR and obtain employment in their field in Canada.

Phone: (778) 819-0728 (ext. 1001)


SEED Winnipeg

“Recognition Counts!” is a program that provides accessible, low interest loans to assist skilled immigrants to Manitoba with qualification recognition, upgrading and/or training needed for employment in the fields for which they have education and experience obtained outside of Canada.

Email:   Phone: 204-927-9935

ONTARIO, Southwestern

WILL Employment Solutions

The Internationally Trained Worker (ITW) Loan Program delivered through WILL Access provides access to the funds necessary to complete foreign credential recognition, for those who are living in Southwestern Ontario.

The ITW Loan Program can help overcome financial barriers to licensure and certification by providing one of the lowest interest rates for loans up to $15,000 of this type in Canada. If an IEMLT is approved by WILL Access for a loan, it could be used towards CSMLS PLA fees, CSMLS National Certification Exam fees, and CMLTO registration fees if CSMLS certified.

Visit the WILL Access website for more information.


Canada Microcredit Educators Group (CMEG)

Canada Microcredit Educators Group invites inquiries and applications from internationally trained people of all occupations living in Prince Edward Island. CMEG is committed to your prosperity.

Email:  Phone: 902-626-8667



Newcomers can experience multiple barriers to employment, especially when their foreign credentials are not recognized in Canada or when their employment training and experience do not align with labour market needs.

The Atlantic Immigrant Career Loan Fund is a micro loan fund for internationally trained individuals. The purpose of the fund is to assist newcomers by providing micro-loans to overcome financial barriers to becoming licensed to practice and entering the workforce/working in their occupations or related/other fields.

The project is funded by the Government of Canada’s Foreign Credential Recognition Program, and is administered by Immigrant Services Association of Nova Scotia in partnership with Royal Bank of Canada, Association for New Canadians (Newfoundland and Labrador), PEI Association for Newcomers to Canada, New Brunswick Multicultural Council, Multicultural Association of Fredericton, Multicultural Association of the Greater Moncton Area and YMCA of Greater Saint John.


Acquiring eXperience; Integrating Skills (AXIS) Employment Services

Axis Career Services, the employment division of the Association for New Canadians, has established a targeted Small Loans Program to support and expedite the integration of Internationally Educated Professionals into the Newfoundland and Labrador workforce.
To determine if you are eligible for assistance, visit

Indigenous Land Acknowledgement : We respectfully acknowledge the CSMLS office, located in Hamilton, Ontario, is situated upon the traditional territories of the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, the Mississauga Nation, Anishinaabe Peoples, and the Neutral Peoples. This land is covered by the Dish With One Spoon wampum, which is a treaty between the Haudenosaunee and Anishinaabe to share and care for the resources around the Great Lakes. We further acknowledge that this land is covered by the Between the Lakes Treaty No. 3, 1792, between the Crown and the Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation.


© 2023 - CSMLS-SCSLM