The Marketing Assistant will provide administrative and support to the Marketing, Communications and Membership team.
- Provides project and administrative support for the Director, Marketing Communications and Membership
- Helps organize and supports member events, including national conference (LABCON), provincial meetings and National Med Lab Week.
- Plans and organizes meetings including the distribution of the agenda and supporting material(s), prepares and distributes minutes for meetings
- Prepares electronic presentations as needed
Requirements & Competencies:
- College diploma or university degree in marketing, communications, public relations or a related field with 2-5 years’ experience in a related position or equivalent combination of each
- Solid understanding of marketing and communications planning
- Experience managing/coordinating multi-faceted projects
- Strong interpersonal and communications (written and verbal) skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Extreme attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of writing and grammar conventions
- Highly motivated individual with a collaborative approach to work
- Knowledge of CP style guide is an asset
- Experience in the not-for-profit sector and bilingualism is an asset
- Experience with InDesign and PhotoShop is an asset
This contract position is located in Hamilton and reports into Director, Marketing, Communications and Membership.
This is a general overview of the position and duties may be altered at the discretion of management in compliance with CSMLS policies and procedures.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday January 18th, 2013.
If this employment opportunity appeals to you, please visit www.csmls.org for additional information.