The successful candidate will be responsible for evaluating the education, credentials and work experience of internationally educated medical laboratory technologists (IEMLTs) against the relevant CSMLS Competency Profile. This assessment is to determine eligibility to the national certification exam. If deemed not equivalent, gaps in education or work experience will be identified and the course of action required for the applicant to complete prior to being declared equivalent.
- Conducts anonymous third party technical assessments
- Reviews and compares other education documents; transcripts, course outlines and clinical education and relevant work experience against the appropriate competency profile & decides if gaps are present or applicant is equivalent to the entry level standard.
- Reviews continuing education & professional development completed to decide if relevant to the competency profile & able to contribute to assessment.
- Reviews Personal Competency Rating Booklet to ensure it is consistent with the documents received
- Recommends whether applicant is equivalent or not equivalent to the Canadian standard
- If applicant is not equivalent, decides what is required for equivalency to be achieved according to CSMLS guidelines:
-supplemental documentation may be required
-refresher/comprehensive courses, bridging program or completion of a CMA accredited program
- On average file review takes approximately 2 hours per file=3 files per day. Turnaround time – 4-6 weeks.
- Demonstrated discretion and sound judgment in the handling of confidential information, this includes a high degree of integrity and trust
- Strong analytical skills in order to resolve issues and evaluate possible solutions
- A general medical laboratory technologist and 5 to 10 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in general medical laboratory technologies training/education
- Education or experience in credential verification preferred and general knowledge of Prior Learning Assessment preferred
CSMLS is looking to fill this role with a consultant who can work on as needed basis role. It is projected that the role would average 10-15 hours per week. This position reports into the Director of Certification & Prior Learning Assessment.
Please forward a cover letter and resume to email@example.com referencing the position title in the subject line. Application deadline is on or before December 31st, 2012.