The CSMLS announces changes to the Exam Attempts policy for Medical Laboratory Technology (MLT) and Medical Laboratory Assistant (MLA) exam candidates.
Exam Attempts – EffectiveJanuary 1, 2014
The new policy replaces the existing process and allows for the following:
- two (2) consecutive exam attempts within 12 months of initial eligibility
- an intervention after second unsuccessful attempt
- one additional attempt after intervention, for a total of three (3) attempts
- unsuccessful candidates are referred to a full time CMA accredited program
This policy is effective for:
- MLT and MLA students enrolled in a CMA accredited program that are eligible to challenge the exam and are applying for the first time for the October 2014 session
- Prior Learning Assessment clients receiving examination Eligibility Statements after January 1, 2014
Transition Rules Surrounding the Implementation of this New Policy:
Any candidate within the current exam cycles and the cycle has not expired will continue with the old policy (2 cycles – 6 attempts total).
If you have any questions, please contact Bessie Carydis, Director Certification and Prior Learning Assessment , via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: (905) 528-8642, x 8681.