We want you!
Interested in something different? Are you looking for a new challenge? CSMLS is looking for certified MLA and MLT members to serve on the exam panels.
The Professional Standards Council (PSC) invites you to submit your letter of interest and resume for consideration to join the CSMLS Examination Panel. Offering your expertise to ensure the quality of the next generation of your profession is one of the most important contributions you can make.
What do exam panel members do?
- Participate in the annual Exam Panel meeting (3 days – end of January)
- Review exam drafts
- Review exam performance
- Review reference text list
- Term: three years, renewable
- Participate in Angoff Workshops (2 days to set the pass mark)
- Participate in Fast Track Item Writing Workshops (4 days to prepare new test questions)
What do exam panel members get?
- Opportunity to provide their expertise to the profession
- Opportunity to network with like-minded people from across Canada
- Great camaraderie
Some positions have specific requirements to ensure balance (i.e. subject expertise, province of residence). We encourage all members to apply, with the exception of educators who are not eligible to participate on the Exam Panel or in Angoff Workshops. Expenses are covered by the CSMLS.
Deadline for application is April 30, 2016. Please direct inquiries and applications to:
Manager of Certification & Prior Learning Assessment