Welcome to the CSMLS Learning Centre
The CSMLS Learning Centre is your gateway to the catalogue of online education, registration and payment, and records of your own professional development activities.
Learning Centre User Information Guide
- Go to learn.csmls.org and click on the Login or Sign in button or click on login from the Learning Centre welcome page on the CSMLS website.
- You will be brought to the login screen.
- Login in using your existing user credentials. If you are unsure how to login, please refer to the onscreen written instructions.
- Once you are logged in you will land on the Learning page.
- From here you can enroll in a course through the course catalogue, navigate courses you have already enrolled in or review your course history.
You can access the course catalogue in two ways:
- The first is from the Learning Centre welcome page on the CSMLS website.
- Click on Course Catalogue. This will display the various course categories.
- You will be prompted to login to the Learning Centre just before enrolling in the course.
- The second way to access the catalogue is after you have logged into the Learning Centre.
- Once logged in, you can search the catalogue for keywords using the search bar. Please note that searching by keywords will only display courses that contain your keyword in the title or description.
Browsing the catalogue by category
If you would like to browse the catalogue by category click on the white arrow next to the search bar and select Browse Catalogue. The list of categories will be displayed. Click on a category to display the associated courses.
Using Advanced search
To see the entire list of courses and exams available click on the white arrow next to the search bar and select Advanced Search.
- From here you can use the various fields to search.
- If you would like to see the entire list of courses simply leave the fields blank and click Search.
Viewing course details
In the list of courses and exams you will see the course name and code, a short description and Member/non–member pricing.
- To see more information about a course click on the course name. A popup will appear describing the learning outcomes, Author/Instructor, Version date, applicable PEP hours and/or CPS credits as well as the price. Scroll down to view all information
- If this is an Intensive course you will notice there is also an associated document (make sure to scroll to the bottom of the page). This document contains information on the assignment and/or exam due dates as well as information on cancellation and postponement. A start date will display below the description for courses beginning on specific dates.
Enrolling in a course
To enroll in a course simply click on Purchase. Further information can be found in the Course Purchase section.
Once you have decided on a course, click on Purchase
- The next screen is a confirmation screen.
- If this is the correct course, click on Add To Cart.
- From the Shopping Cart, you can Continue Shopping if you wish to enroll in additional courses, Remove the course if it isn’t the correct course or you can Proceed to Checkout.
Proceed to Checkout
- At this point you will have to confirm your billing address. Your address should be pre-populated, if it isn’t please fill in the required fields marked with an asterisk
- Click ‘Next’ to continue
- Click ‘Next’ to continue to the payment page
- From the Payment page, choose your credit card type and fill in all required fields and click Complete Purchase. Please be patient.
- This next page is confirmation of your purchase, for details, click on the order number.
- Two confirmation emails are sent:
- ‘Confirmation of purchase/enrollment’. Click link to view details.
- ‘You have successfully enrolled in a CSMLS course/exam’. Click link to view activity.
Learning Centre Navigation
The first screen you will be brought to when you enter the Learning Centre will be the Learning page. Courses you are currently enrolled in will be displayed here.
Shortcut buttons are to the left. Hover over an icon to see what it is for.
- Learning: this will bring you back to your Learning page if you have navigated away from it.
- Training History: This displays all the courses you have completed in the Learning Centre. Please note: you will not be able to see any courses you have completed prior to September 2nd, 2014.
- Mail: All mail sent from the Learning Centre can be found here. If you have new mail it will be indicated by a red flag.
- My Preferences: Here you can personalize how information is displayed within the Learning Centre. Please note: if you would like to change your language, email address or password please contact CSMLS for further instruction.
The right side menu can be accessed by clicking on the icon with three horizontal lines. This will contain all the same options as the left side shortcut as well as more specific options. From here you can:
- Sign out of the Learning Centre
- Click on Learning to see your Learning page
- Training History, to see courses/exams you have completed
- External Training, Log education outside of CSMLS courses
- Review any items you may have in your Shopping Cart
- Review your Purchase History
- Collaboration: this will bring you to your email or any active discussion forums.
- Catalogue: Browse or Search the catalogue.
The first screen you will be brought to when you enter the Learning Centre will the Learning page. Courses you are currently enrolled in will be displayed here.
- To begin your course click on the blue Launch button.
- You will be brought to the course content.
- The course description, learning outcomes and other important information is displayed.
- You will have to accept the CSMLS Academic Dishonesty Policy before your course material will be released. Click the next page icon to view the Academic Dishonesty Policy.
- Click on the blue Start button, read the policy, enter the date and click submit to indicate your acceptance of the policy.
- Upon submission you will notice a link at the top of the page. You access the course material by clicking on You have been assigned new content material.
- Click on Course material. Course material should load automatically, if it does not, please use the link at the top of the screen.
- Scroll through the course material pages to complete the course.
- If you are taking an express course and decide to challenge the exam you can register for the exam by clicking the next page button. This exam is administered separately from the course. To receive a certificate of completion for an express course you must successfully challenge the final exam.
- The last step in finishing any course will be to complete the Postwork (course evaluation survey).
- Click on the Return button on the top left of your screen. Click the blue Launch Postwork button and follow the onscreen instructions.
- If you wish to review the course material after you have completed it, it can be found in your Training History.
Note: If you are enrolled in an intensive course you will still navigate course material following the instructions above. The difference with the intensive course is that you will have:
- Multiple units to review. Click on title to open the unit. Use the next page button to advance or click ‘Contents’ to choose a unit.
- Assignments to submit throughout the course as well as a final exam. Assignment submission instructions are provided within the course material.
If you have any trouble navigating your course please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com . We’re here to help!
Free of charge from Siemens Canada Ltd.