Build your confidence and competence in dealing with the pervasive group Streptococci in this module that includes classification and nomenclature, morphology, isolation and identification procedures, clinical significance and antimicrobial susceptibility.
PEP hours: 11
CPS credits: 0
Course Type: Express
Start Date: Upon registration
Completion: Up to 52 weeks
Delivery: PDF via email
Equipment: Computer with Internet is required
- List the three genera of clinically significant bacteria found in the family Streptococcaceae.
- State the basis for classification used for most streptococci of clinical significance.
- State in which group the following belong:
- Streptococcus pyogenes
- Streptococcus agalactiae
- Enterococcus faecalis
- List three characteristics that may indicate a streptococcus belongs to the Streptococcus milleri/anginosus group
- List and know how to perform identification test for Streptococci and Enterococci.
Author/Instructor: Helen Smith, MLT
Version Date: February 2012