ABC's Of Hemophilia
ABC's of Hemophilia (9895-10)
Review the complete process of normal hemostasis and explore hemophilia and the three sub categories of hemophilia. Participants will learn why hemophilia is also known as the 'Royal Disease' and how hemophilia was passed on to other members of the Royal families from Spain, Germany and Russia.
PEP hours: 16
CPS credits: 1.3
Course Type: Express
Start Date: Upon registration
Completion: Up to 52 weeks
Delivery: PDF via email
Equipment: Computer with Internet is required
- Understand all phases of normal hemostasis.
- Describe in detail Hemophilia: history, mode of inheritance, genetic structure, pathophysiology and treatment
- Describe inhibitors to the coagulation factors, specifically to Factor VIII.
- Describe acquired hemophilia.
- Outline the prognosis for hemophiliac patients
Author/Instructor: Mario J. Hemens, MLT
Version Date: January 2010