Become a Member
Join today and discover your link to the laboratory profession
We connect members to a comprehensive network of peers, news and updates, continuing education, employment opportunities and much more.
At CSMLS, we understand you and your profession. We are the voice of the medical laboratory community—let us be your voice too.
One size doesn’t fit all, so we have tailored a CSMLS Membership just right for you.
Membership Categories & Fees
Discover the benefits of being a member of the Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science, including:
Professional Liability Insurance
Enjoy peace of mind for pennies a day!
Professional Liability Insurance (PLI) is mandatory for employment in most provinces and members can take advantage of the discounted PLI offered through CSMLS. Though PLI may be offered by many employers, it is a good idea to review what is included and make sure the coverage is right for you.
Protection Highlights with CSMLS include:
- $2,000,000 Professional Liability Insurance per member, per occurrence, for negligence, errors or omissions made while providing professional services
- Legal Defence Coverage
- Legal Defence Coverage-Disciplinary Hearings
Continuing Education & Professional Development
CSMLS Learning Services offers 2 styles of courses to accelerate your career path – Express and Intensive courses.
Browse through our Course Catalogue for a complete list of educational offerings. With over 100 courses available, there is something for everyone, designed specifically to fit your learning needs.
In addition to member pricing offered for CSMLS services, individuals can take advantage of affinity discount programs, which provide member exclusive cost-saving opportunities.
The partnerships below were developed with the needs of our members in mind:
- BMO CSMLS MasterCard
- Budget Rent a Car
- Delta Hotels
- GoodLife Fitness/EnergieCardio
- LIFE-3 Cool Security (powered by Honeywell)
- TD Meloche Monnex Insurance (Home and Auto Insurance)
As the national certifying body and professional association for the medical laboratory industry in Canada, CSMLS represents your interests. As such, our advocacy efforts are focused on two main audiences: the government and the general public.
CSMLS recognizes the need for continuous government relations to help take up the banner of our profession and inform political players about the important role we play in making health care work.
Grants, Scholarships & Awards
CSMLS offers a variety of grants and scholarships to members for assistance with education and professional development costs, attending the LABCON conference and volunteering on an international level.
In addition, CSMLS sponsors several awards to recognize members’ outstanding contributions to the society, their community and the profession.
Additional Member Benefits
- Portability - Certification and membership with CSMLS is transferable across Canada
- Access to the Career Centre with job postings and professional advice
- Discounted rates for LABCON conference
- Volunteer opportunities
- Access to Communities online forum
- Subscription to the Canadian Journal of Medical Laboratory Science
- eNEWS, providing succinct and timely updates